Friday, March 15, 2013

Cottage Concepts

What kind of house am I hoping for? Ideally I would like something not quite "tiny house" small, but much smaller than one of the large homes built today. I love the beautiful look of cross timbered Tudor cottages and little English homes. One idea I had was to have an open floorplan and then a little loft for sleeping in. Assuming I can stay in the Pacific Northwest, I won't need central air and could rely on a woodstove for heat. The thing I am really going for is small, sustainable, and functional as the idea is to allow me to be as self sufficient as possible on my limited income. Ideally I would have at least a few acres because I would like to try and grow as much of my own food as possible. I have a few good hours in me every day, and if I pace myself I think I could manage a garden.

Here are a few pics that demonstrate what I would consider my dream home. These were found on the web, so if you see your image on here and want it removed, please let me know and I will be happy to take it down.

Source: Unknown

Source: Unknown

Source: Unknown

Source: Unknown

Source: Unknown

Source: Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment